true blood: The daddy of immersive campaign
Big pitch tomorrow, not much time.
But I’ve been really impressed by the latest campaign from Campfire, my favourite non-traditional agency (the makers of the Blairwitch projet), for a new HBO programme.
It’s about as immersive a campaign can get, mixing on and offline stuff and they have been on it for more than 6 months, creating hundreds if not thousands of different pieces and narratives forming a giant puzzle that started months before the show was going on air.
The show is about Vampires and the campaign seems to play with the fact that they have come out of the closet, really exist but are not killing people anymore thanks to a new synthetical drink called true blood. Or are they…? Most of the campaigns ambient seem to be advertising this as a real existing drink.
Here are a few starters:
There is too much to go in details here, but you can find the whole story there: http://bloodcopy.com/.
The HBO site where you can download ton of stuff: http://www.hbo.com/events/trueblood/
I keep on discovering bits and bobs of it. Like this dating website for human / vampire: “find your eternal love”.
Kudos to Campfire for another genius campaign.
From their blog.
- When your out there on the interwebs clicking away, do you ever think, "I wonder what Ben Franklin would think of lolcats?" #sem #social 1 year ago
- Soo much #Sem in my life 1 year ago
- Early to bed Early to rise Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise - but only if he gets #ROI from ad placement and #Sem #social #Marketing 1 year ago
- I love the smell of #Sem in the morning. #social #Marketing #socialmedia 1 year ago
- I only worry about "hyper targeting" when I'm going to the bathroom #sem #seo #marketing #smo 1 year ago
|Jerome Courtial on Can you keep up with me?|
|Glenn on a response to the next creativ…|
|Creative Agency Indo… on Can you keep up with me?|
|David on On the inbreeding of idea…|
|Money Guy on The theory of Sway in adv…|
- How to sell better work
- 10 indispensable apps for advertising chaps
- Help needed – how to launch an advertising campaign
- 26/11/09 – the first creative club – a look at ARGs
- polar bears
- On the inbreeding of ideas
- digicynic on holiday for 2 weeks
- The difference a year can make
- 10 things to do for digital agencies
- The end of the road for online ad agencies?
- The theory of Sway in advertising
- 4 months, 1 post
- Heard today
- basic plots summarized