Branded Youtube interactive adventure
It was a question of time before a brand would have created an interactive video experience following the one done by the american-dude-that-keeps-flexing-his-tricepts-because-he-lost-his-cat and the fact that you can have annotations on Youtube.
And I’m surprised by how quick the response was.
Samsumg has just created an interactive adventure in Youtube.
You get the gist, you watch the first video and make a choice between two options, click and watch another video, repeat until bored.
You can watch the first episode below but you need to watch it in Youtube to start interacting. Click here.
Now hear my here. This is a great idea. Kudos for Samsung and its agency for doing it.
BUT, how very badly executed. Not especially in term of production.
But in term of storytelling.
After watching 3 videos, I couldn’t care less about what was going to happen next. The guy just seems to be on a mission to shag as many girls as possible.
The end result is a little rubbish and there would be nothing to talk about if it wasn’t the first one to use this technique.
This new format REQUIRES proper storytelling skills, not ads writings, short films writing – BIG difference. These are not common, especially in advertising agency, even viral agencies.
You need to care enough about the plot to want to make a choice and see what happens next. You need real cliffhangers at the end of each video to engage with the adventure.
Technology on its own is worthless, without soul, imagination, creativity, wit and humour as Rob was saying.
Now read The Archers case study below to see how it’s done.
- When your out there on the interwebs clicking away, do you ever think, "I wonder what Ben Franklin would think of lolcats?" #sem #social 1 year ago
- Soo much #Sem in my life 1 year ago
- Early to bed Early to rise Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise - but only if he gets #ROI from ad placement and #Sem #social #Marketing 1 year ago
- I love the smell of #Sem in the morning. #social #Marketing #socialmedia 1 year ago
- I only worry about "hyper targeting" when I'm going to the bathroom #sem #seo #marketing #smo 1 year ago
|Jerome Courtial on Can you keep up with me?|
|Glenn on a response to the next creativ…|
|Creative Agency Indo… on Can you keep up with me?|
|David on On the inbreeding of idea…|
|Money Guy on The theory of Sway in adv…|
- How to sell better work
- 10 indispensable apps for advertising chaps
- Help needed – how to launch an advertising campaign
- 26/11/09 – the first creative club – a look at ARGs
- polar bears
- On the inbreeding of ideas
- digicynic on holiday for 2 weeks
- The difference a year can make
- 10 things to do for digital agencies
- The end of the road for online ad agencies?
- The theory of Sway in advertising
- 4 months, 1 post
- Heard today
- basic plots summarized