Is the new batman really the best movie ever made?
I love my movies. I have been sucribing to the DVD movie services like LoveFilm for years. I love it.
Playing and tweaking my list all the time.
But then I realised I started becoming obsessed with checking the ratings of movies on the IMDB.
It’s quite simple, I won’t rent or watch a movie that’s got under 7/10.
I check them all, before putting them on my list. Anything under 7 is normally not worth watching. Everytime I did, I regretted it.
Even if you don’t always agree with the ratings, they are still the best indicator of the quality of a movie that you can find on the Internet. I find it certainly more reliable than Metacritic, which I disagree with pretty much all the time.
So back to Batman, it’s currently topping the list of the 250 best movies ever with a score of 9.4 out of 10. Apparently better than the The Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather. And that, after more than 140,000 people voted for it. Which is pretty amazing.
I’m still to find a similar service for music albums. The ratings on Amazon out of 5 starts are just not good enough. Every album end up having 4 stars.
Anyway, what’s my point? The widsom of crowds? Are #Internet ratings reliable? How the Internet has totally changed our media and entertainment consumption?
Just that I’m pretty excited about watching the new batman. Seen it yet?
- When your out there on the interwebs clicking away, do you ever think, "I wonder what Ben Franklin would think of lolcats?" #sem #social 1 year ago
- Soo much #Sem in my life 1 year ago
- Early to bed Early to rise Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise - but only if he gets #ROI from ad placement and #Sem #social #Marketing 1 year ago
- I love the smell of #Sem in the morning. #social #Marketing #socialmedia 1 year ago
- I only worry about "hyper targeting" when I'm going to the bathroom #sem #seo #marketing #smo 1 year ago
|Jerome Courtial on Can you keep up with me?|
|Glenn on a response to the next creativ…|
|Creative Agency Indo… on Can you keep up with me?|
|David on On the inbreeding of idea…|
|Money Guy on The theory of Sway in adv…|
- How to sell better work
- 10 indispensable apps for advertising chaps
- Help needed – how to launch an advertising campaign
- 26/11/09 – the first creative club – a look at ARGs
- polar bears
- On the inbreeding of ideas
- digicynic on holiday for 2 weeks
- The difference a year can make
- 10 things to do for digital agencies
- The end of the road for online ad agencies?
- The theory of Sway in advertising
- 4 months, 1 post
- Heard today
- basic plots summarized