Creative project take 2 => Coke Zero
Christ I’ve got a lot of work on! But here’s some more information about the creative project. I talked to a few friends and colleagues about it and reactions were various. Some old school creatives got quite insulted that I would do such a thing. Which made me smile.
To the point, this project is about:
– Doing what we can’t always do at work. There is no client or internal barriers here, only our imagination, so let’s see what we can do without these limits.
– Being creative in the first place.
– Think without ‘media’ in mind. You don’t have to produce anything. You can produce everything.
– What’s the big idea? Let’s not go to executions straight away but crack that big idea first.
– Having fun.
Provoking thought starters:
– Coke Zero is like Coke but without the sugar. “It’s like the good things in life without the downside!” is a red herring here . This is this ‘insight’ that has led to the average work. We need to find another one.
– Life as it should be. That’s interesting. If you believe the ads, what the perfect life for this audience is having everything immediately, without doing any efforts for it. Not having to do anything to get what you want (celebrity, girls, money…), seems to be what our culture is about.
What if ‘life as it should be’ was actually the complete opposite? Life should be about hard work, dedication, deserving, sweat and blood. Because you can’t appreciate anything when it’s given to you.
‘Life as it should be’ is about challenges, dedication, perseverance. These are the values I would champion.
If you haven’t done anything today you don’t deserve your Coke Zero. You can f**k off and come back when you’ll have achieved something.
There is nothing you will appreciate more in life that winning, or getting what you always wanted, after having poured your heart for it. If you get the girl without working for it, you lose interest. If you had to work for it, you’ll fall in love. Same goes for pretty much everything.
This is what ‘life as it should be’ could be. ” Anything worth having is worth working hard for”.
I can be totally wrong, i’m putting it up here as a thought starter. I don’t even know how to move that forward just yet, as I realise it does not say: “it’s like coke but without the sugar”. But does it actually?
Feel free to disagree, comment, debate, push your ideas and opinions. Remember there is no right or wrong, everything is good.
I will start putting stuff on the blog on Monday.
You can be anonymous if it’s a problem regarding your work.