How Levi’s Jeans duped the Internet with their new secret ad
A very interesting post from Gawker about the latest Levi’s viral.
Which is here:
It quickly got to 2M views. Probably by working with a great seeding agencies.
And compares it with last year Rayban viral. Which racked 3M views, working with the Feed company.
(Which has taken its inspiration from that one if you ask me)
Anyway, the similarities between the two are uncanny.
Although the Levi’s ad (which has nothing to do with BBH) is definitely not original, it does work quite well, taping into people love of a good stunt on the Internet. I think it is actually better than the Rayban one. It has a great feeling about it and is all about the product. Getting people excited about an ad heavily featuring your product is no easy task. So well done to them.
But the only problem is that it was after the Rayban ad. So a bit of Internet fame they might get, but awards they will not.
But ultimately does it matter to our normal Internet dude? Probably not.
- When your out there on the interwebs clicking away, do you ever think, "I wonder what Ben Franklin would think of lolcats?" #sem #social 1 year ago
- Soo much #Sem in my life 1 year ago
- Early to bed Early to rise Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise - but only if he gets #ROI from ad placement and #Sem #social #Marketing 1 year ago
- I love the smell of #Sem in the morning. #social #Marketing #socialmedia 1 year ago
- I only worry about "hyper targeting" when I'm going to the bathroom #sem #seo #marketing #smo 1 year ago
|Jerome Courtial on Can you keep up with me?|
|Glenn on a response to the next creativ…|
|Creative Agency Indo… on Can you keep up with me?|
|David on On the inbreeding of idea…|
|Money Guy on The theory of Sway in adv…|
- How to sell better work
- 10 indispensable apps for advertising chaps
- Help needed – how to launch an advertising campaign
- 26/11/09 – the first creative club – a look at ARGs
- polar bears
- On the inbreeding of ideas
- digicynic on holiday for 2 weeks
- The difference a year can make
- 10 things to do for digital agencies
- The end of the road for online ad agencies?
- The theory of Sway in advertising
- 4 months, 1 post
- Heard today
- basic plots summarized