Read that in Netimperative this morning: CheapFlights runs fantasy viral.
“Enjoy Your Flight”, plays on the idea that your dream holiday commences from the moment you board the plane.
The player is invited to choose between either a steward or stewardess to host them during the flight. From there, the journey takes off into video animation where the user interacts with a range of in-flight activities. There is also a risqué element involved, but only by choice upon rolling over the “fantasy” button.
“We wanted to engage with a younger audience by using a top creative agency and harnessing the power of social media and popular video sites like Kontraband,” says Joseph Sikorsky, Marketing Director for Cheapflights.
The result is so crap I’m literally lost for words. No insight, really badly executed, don’t get me started on the cliches… Yes, they will get some views, because they made a deal with Kontraband.
But the main question is in the world of the Internet, where free porn is everywhere, why on earth would I want to see some poorly done soft-porn? It’s not even funny or entertaining. And certainly makes sure I will never ever book a flight on cheapflight!
But this quote really caught my eyes from Richard Spalding, Kontraband’s MD:
“we expect the views to exceed all expectations “.
I love Kontraband though. It still is one of the best website to launch a viral with.
- When your out there on the interwebs clicking away, do you ever think, "I wonder what Ben Franklin would think of lolcats?" #sem #social 1 year ago
- Soo much #Sem in my life 1 year ago
- Early to bed Early to rise Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise - but only if he gets #ROI from ad placement and #Sem #social #Marketing 1 year ago
- I love the smell of #Sem in the morning. #social #Marketing #socialmedia 1 year ago
- I only worry about "hyper targeting" when I'm going to the bathroom #sem #seo #marketing #smo 1 year ago
|Jerome Courtial on Can you keep up with me?|
|Glenn on a response to the next creativ…|
|Creative Agency Indo… on Can you keep up with me?|
|David on On the inbreeding of idea…|
|Money Guy on The theory of Sway in adv…|
- How to sell better work
- 10 indispensable apps for advertising chaps
- Help needed – how to launch an advertising campaign
- 26/11/09 – the first creative club – a look at ARGs
- polar bears
- On the inbreeding of ideas
- digicynic on holiday for 2 weeks
- The difference a year can make
- 10 things to do for digital agencies
- The end of the road for online ad agencies?
- The theory of Sway in advertising
- 4 months, 1 post
- Heard today
- basic plots summarized