Dell’s new viral – Unleash the power of celebs
I’ve just came accross this campaign on Youtube.
What a great idea. Users can use famous celebs to pitch the product of their dreams to friends and family.
It’s a very clever way to boost sales for Dell, by leveraging the power of the grouped purchase. If one user can’t afford it, maybe 20 of his friends can help him get there, rather than offering him one little present each.
What’s genius about it is that users with a Paypal account can include it in their message, so the recipient can directly cheap in after seeing the celebrity’s pledge.
It could have an absolute killer if it had included more personalisation in the video message (a la MINI aveaword), but it must not come cheap to get these celebs in a studio for a few days each.
Inspiration from this campaign might have come from different sources. The popularity of online wedding list for example. Or the ‘team buying‘ phenomenon that is getting momentum in China.
But the interesting point is how they’ve made the most of these 2 functionalities to turn it into a powerful selling tool.
It should boost sales and do well at Cannes next year.
- When your out there on the interwebs clicking away, do you ever think, "I wonder what Ben Franklin would think of lolcats?" #sem #social 1 year ago
- Soo much #Sem in my life 1 year ago
- Early to bed Early to rise Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise - but only if he gets #ROI from ad placement and #Sem #social #Marketing 1 year ago
- I love the smell of #Sem in the morning. #social #Marketing #socialmedia 1 year ago
- I only worry about "hyper targeting" when I'm going to the bathroom #sem #seo #marketing #smo 1 year ago
|Jerome Courtial on Can you keep up with me?|
|Glenn on a response to the next creativ…|
|Creative Agency Indo… on Can you keep up with me?|
|David on On the inbreeding of idea…|
|Money Guy on The theory of Sway in adv…|
- How to sell better work
- 10 indispensable apps for advertising chaps
- Help needed – how to launch an advertising campaign
- 26/11/09 – the first creative club – a look at ARGs
- polar bears
- On the inbreeding of ideas
- digicynic on holiday for 2 weeks
- The difference a year can make
- 10 things to do for digital agencies
- The end of the road for online ad agencies?
- The theory of Sway in advertising
- 4 months, 1 post
- Heard today
- basic plots summarized